Glad You Are Here

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Anna Sweet (1797-1857)

Anna Sweet was born in New York the 28th of February 1797 to John Sweet and Alpha Lewis.

In 1807 Anna was residing with her family in Leeds & Landsdowne, Rear of Leeds Twp., Ontario, Canada and stay in residence of Canada up until an 1850 Census.

Anna married Jehiel "Hiel" Sliter in November 1815 in Leeds, Ontario, Canada. They had 10 children: Pamela, Washington Lee, Cynthia, Alzina, Joel, Spencer Percival, Emily Minerva, Alonzo, Ernestus Chester, and Estella Ophella.

Census records of 1850 show Anna residing in Queensbury, Warren, New York, but in 1857 she was back in Leeds, Ontario, Canada upon her death the 27th of April 1857. Anna is buried at Baptist Burying Ground, Rear of Leeds, Ontario, Canada.

I have to admit that with the research of her children and how much she loved her immediate family, I find this women very remarkable. I would love to obtain a picture of Anna, as I have pictures of her husband.

3 comments:

  1. Jehiel Sliter and Anna Sweet are my great great great grandparents. So I very much appreciate this information. I have no photos of Jehiel, and so of course would very much like to see yours. Jim Wagner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until I came upon your post yesterday I had no idea that any pictures of Jehiel existed. He is my 3XG grandfather (through Spencer Percival Sliter, Robert Hiel Sliter, Mildred Ruth Sliter). So of course I would love to see the photos if possible. Jim Wagner email jim@wirelessalliance.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture I have of Jehiel is not confirmed. I received the picture from a distant relative who believes it is him. I will find my disk that has all the pictures this weekend. I have been moving and have not had the time. I know I emailed you some time ago that I would do it then, please forgive me, as I did forget.

    ReplyDelete